Strengthening Your Resilience in a Time of Crisis
Time & Location
About The Event
Join six brilliant authors on May 30 for a deep dive into the nature of resilience in thiswebinar collaboration between Changemakers Books and The Scientific and Medical network.
While most people have hunkered down during the pandemic, they have not yet come to terms with the fact that our lives won’t be returning to normal. The future will require much more from us than social distancing and wearing masks. If we are to become resilient, we must evolve and adapt. Perhaps the most amazing feature of human beings is that we don’t have to wait for our genetic code to mutate – we can evolve by learning from each other.
This premise motivated the creation of an innovative series of ten short books, Resilience…in a Time of Crisis, published by Changemakers Books. Written by experts – most with 30 years’ experience in their fields – the books offer practical, emotional, and spiritual skills to help people survive and thrive in a crisis.
All ten books were written and published in the space of five weeks in order to meet this urgent need. This webinar brings together six Resilience authors. Each will share his/her expertise, lead a practical exercise, and in chat rooms, engage in a deep-dive discussion with participants.The program for the day
PART 1 at 2.00pm – 3.30pm:
- Resilience: Grow Stronger in a Time of Crisis by Linda Ferguson
- Resilience: Navigating Loss in a Time of Crisis by Jules De Vitto
- Resilience: Handling Anxiety in a Time of Crisis by George Hofmann
PART 2 at 3.35 – 5.15pm
- Resilience: Adapt and Plan for the New Abnormal of the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic by Gleb Tsipursky
- Resilience: Aging with Vision, Hope and Courage in a Time of Crisis by John C. Robinson
- Resilience: The Life-Saving Skill of Story by Michelle Auerbach
PART 3 at 5.30-6.30pm
- Join a group discussion with a chosen author